I had no idea blogging was this cool. The Liebstar Award is given to new and up and coming bloggers with small followings to help bring more visibility to their blogs and connect with other bloggers. I was lucky enough to be nominated by Niapattenlooks …thank you for the nomination!
So there are 6 rules for this award and they are as follows:
- Link back to the wonderful person that nominated you
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you for the award.
- Nominate 11 blogs/bloggers who themselves have 1,000 or less followers.
- Think up 11 different questions for the people you are nominating to answer.
- Then notify your nominees so that they know and can answer and join in
11 facts about me
- I have moved over 9+ times in my short 24 years of life!
- I have been stuck in an elevator before.
- I almost drowned in Jamaica.
- I love spicy food. Hot sauce on everything please!
- I also love seafood.
- I have two older sisters.
- I order an Iced Chai every time I go to Starbucks.
- Few places on my travel bucket list are: Greece, Italy, Paris, Fiji and Thailand
- I’ve loved makeup ever since I was a child. I was that little girl with 5 Lip Smackers lip glosses in her backpack.
- Sephora is my favorite store.
- My ipod is my life!
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I have always loved makeup, and writing (yay for my fellow English majors!). I thought blogging would be a perfect fit and a great hobby.
- Where do you live? I live in the Bay Area! About 20 minutes away from San Francisco.
- How did you choose your blog name? It was actually really hard to pick a blog name. I’m not sure how I even thought of Beauty and Jess but now I think it’s a perfect fit. My blog can be about beauty and about me!
- What 3 things would you take to a desert island? Makeup wise, it would be an eyebrow pencil, concealer and a lip balm. Non-makeup would be my ipod, food and champagne 😉
- If you had to choose between eye or lip makeup what would it be? Ooh, this is a toughy. I think I would have to go with eye makeup. I could live with a bare lip, but mascara and eyeliner are my jam.
- What product could you not live without? I couldn’t live without my face lotion (boring, I know) Aveeno Positively Radiant lotion. I’ve used it for years and I can’t imagine living without it (sounds a tad dramatic).
- Do you have a hobby aside from blogging? Makeup has always been my number 1 hobby! Other than makeup, I love to go out to eat and try out new restaurants.
- What do you think is the best thing about blogging? The best thing about blogging is being able to share my love for makeup, seeing my audience grow and knowing that people are actually looking at my page and reading my content. It’s great!
- If money was no object what would be your favorite brand? This is so hard! I’m just going to say I’ll take the entire Sephora store if money isn’t an issue. Nars, Tarte, Laura Mercier, Anastacia Beverly Hills, I’ll take them all!
- What’s your favorite food? It’s a tie between Mexican food and Thai food. Loveeee.
- What makes you really happy? As cheesy as it is, my family and close friends bring me true happiness. Being around people who love and support you, who make you laugh, that’s all a girl could ask for.
My nominees are…
My 11 questions for the nominees…
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- If you could get one, JUST ONE, product for free right at this moment, what would it be?
- What is your first memory of makeup?
- What are your hopes for yourself in the next 5 years?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What is your “go-to” makeup look?
- Contour or highlight?
- What is your all time favorite movie?
- If you could have your own makeup brand, what would it be called?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What is the number 1 thing on your bucket list?
I hope you enjoy this post!! It was so much fun for me to do. The bloging community truly is awesome!! Xo