I decided to give Birch Box a try after seeing it on some other blogs here on WordPress and after my lovely colleague gave me good reviews about her experience with Birch Box (Hey Kat ;)).
So I went for it! I signed up and about a week or two later I received my Birch Box. My first thoughts were how beautiful the box itself was! I texted my colleague about it and she let me know that there is a whole Pinterest page that shows you all the cool, different things you could do with your Birch boxes, see here.
My box included
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo – smells GREAT! It has white residue that you have to rub in which is common in dry shampoo. It did its job. My hair looked fresh. I’m excited to keep using it as I’m always on the hunt for a good dry shampoo.
- POP Beauty Matte Velvet Lipstick in Red– I love me a good red lipstick. I have never heard of this brand and I’m always excited to learn about new brands and their products. This lipstick was velvetty and went on smoothly. Definitely going to check out POP Beauty and their other products.
- RMS Beauty– The Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes– Okay, these smell INCREDIBLE!! These wipes contain coconut oil so they are extremely oily. I did like these wipes to remove the bb cream I had on but they didn’t work too well for my eye makeup. I had on brown eyeliner and mascara and I had to rub my eyes for a while for the makeup to come off. It also left my face really oily. If you’re dry, this might be a good product for you. I have normal/combination skin so all that oil is unnecessary for my skin type. I would not purchase these.
- Benefit Porefessional Primer – I already purchased this baby on my own years ago before receiving this sample so I obviously love. Wonderful to help remove the appearance of pores. I use this specifically on my nose because the pores on my nose are out of this world (so annoying) so if you’re someone who has large pores, this is a MUST!
- PARLOR by Jeff Chastain -Volumizing Lifting Spray – Smells wonderful!!! Clearly I’m a sucker for lovely fragrances. I used this two days after I blow-dryed my hair to give it the volume it needs and it was amazing!! As I wrote in my previous blogs, volumizing hair products that actually work are hard to come across. I’m excited for this product and will likely purchase once I run out of it.
Overall, I was really happy with my first Birchbox. All of the samples were relevant to me- there wasn’t one product where I thought “yeah, never going to use this” which is great when you are spending $10/month to receive these sample products. I hope in my next box there will be one or two more makeup products for me to try it instead of just one.
Another cool thing about Birchbox is that you receive points for reviewing your sample products which is super easy. After receiving 100 points, you receive $10 in credit and you can use that towards purchasing anything in their shop. Easy money! Looking forward to reviewing my next Birchbox!
If you would like to sign up for Birchbox, use me as your referral! Xo